Next live service: We're live now!
Thank you for visiting the Abundant Living Family Church site! We are so excited to have you here and experience all we have to offer as a church. Our desire is to love people by making them feel comfortable and welcomed.
Take Out the Trash
1 Peter 5:6-7, Psalm 55:22
Today, what is consuming you? Could that be trash? What is stressing you out? Could that be trash? What is robbing you of your peace of mind? Could that be trash?
I. Trash is to be thrown out.
A. What happens if you don’t trash (cares, burdens, anxiety) or throw away (cast)?
1. Messy, clutter
3. Bugs and pests are attracted
4. Promotes disease and illness
5. Restrict freedom, limit liberty
7. Unattractive, embarrassment
B. What does trash (cares) look like?
C. Bible says in 1 Peter 5:7 and Psalm 55:22 to cast our cares or burdens.
1. Cast it…
D. We need to be:
1. Casters versus carriers
2. Carefree versus caretakers
3. Weight shifters versus overweight
4. Quick casters versus delayed casters
5. Let God handle it or hand it over versus being a handler
E. Why cast? Text teaches:
1. Jesus wants it, asked for it.
2. He is able and capable of handling it.
3. You are not made to handle it.
4. It’s a weapon, device, or fiery dart.
5. He cares for you. He wants to take care of you.
6. Rob you of your belief, faith, and trust.
7. Keeps pride out.
II. Three examples of casting your cares:
A. (Acts 27:18) Paul’s example: When you are in a storm, throw unnecessary cargo
B. (Psalm 131:1-3) David’s example of casting cares on the Lord by trusting God for the
C. (Matthew 26:37) Jesus’ example:
1. Garden of Gethsemane
2. (Matthew 14:12-13) When Jesus is grieving John’s death.
3. (John 11:42) Lazarus, Jesus’ friend.
4. (Luke 23:46) Jesus on the cross.
This is Valerie Acosta. She is an important part of our student ministries. Valerie is a student… http://t.co/YifVCS0jyR @ALFCrancho | 11 hours ago
© Copyright 2014 Abundant Living Family Church. All rights reserved.